A SENSUAL BACKDROP TO YOUR INSPIRED SAFARI EXPERIENCE
Perfect for an exclusive family vacation or a luxurious safari sojourn with friends, the private Plains House villas each accommodate a maximum of eight guests per house. The location and unique appointment of each, is a respectful homage to their secluded, tranquil environment. Here, your exclusive safari hideaway provides you and your party a private bushveld retreat unlike any other.
Each Plains House villa essentially takes the same form, comprising two parts: A shared living space and private guest accommodation. Your shared space houses both a formal and entertainment lounge, living and dining room areas, swimming pool deck, outdoor boma for fireside dining, fine wine gallery and fully equipped chef’s kitchen.
Adjacent to the main Plains House, the accommodation comprises four graciously appointed double-occupancy Private Guest Suites, two of which are interleading.
Our Plains House villas are each named after notable feline characters that, in their lifetime, left an indelible impression upon the Cheetah Plains Private Reserve. By dedicating each Plains House to their memory, we honour their rich legacy. Mapogo House is named after a legendary, fierce coalition of lion brothers, while Karula House honours a lone leopard of queenly stature. A dominant male leopard with a regal quality, the likes of which have not since been encountered, is the Mvula House namesake.
EACH PRIVATE VILLA’S SHARED LIVING SPACES FEATURE:
- A formal and entertainment lounge
- Dining room
- Wine gallery, bar and tasting room
- Curated African art collection and handpicked decor pieces by notable artisans
- Fully-equipped chef’s kitchen
- Guest bathroom
- Swimming pool deck area with an outdoor lounge, shower and daybed
- Outdoor boma for fireside, starlit dining
- Indigenous gardens and spectacular views into the surrounding natural bushveld
Each of the exclusive-use Plains House villas accommodate a maximum of eight guests per house.
EACH VILLA’S PRIVATE GUEST SUITES FEATURE:
- A King-bedded room
- Private minibar and coffee station
- Curated African artworks and handpicked decor pieces by notable artisans
- Private deck and daybed
- Dressing room and dual vanity
- Double rain shower and bath with bushveld views
- Two iPhone 10s are preloaded with safari apps and your private host’s contact details
Each of the Private Guest Suites accommodate a maximum of two guests per suite.
Especially for families with young children, two of the Private Guest Suites at each Plains House villa interlead, so that parents can be close-by but not in the same bedroom as their children.